Recently, the Governor of New York issued an executive order for the closing of all non-essential businesses. We want to let all our customers know that Summit Handling qualifies as an essential business, and as such will be open and available to serve all of our customers who qualify as essential in their respective state.
To maintain the safety of our employees and customers, and to do all we can to avoid the spread of COVID-19, we have instituted a rigorous set of safety measures in accordance with recommendations from the CDC:
Protecting our Workers & Customers:
- We have performed deep cleaning in our office and have increased the frequency of regular cleaning in all areas.
- Technicians are wearing gloves when performing any service and discarding them after use.
- All employees that are able to work from home are doing so.
- We are not accepting non-essential visitors, though we are still receiving equipment from truck drivers, parts from UPS, etc.
- To maintain social distancing guidelines, when servicing equipment our technicians are working outside or in remote areas of our customers’ facilities, and essential on-site employees are maintaining the recommended separation distance of 6 feet.
- Road technicians are scheduling their resupply trips to reduce unnecessary interpersonal contact and picking up supplies with minimal contact
- We are bringing customer equipment into our shop rather than servicing on-site for customers who prefer to do so.
- We are sanitizing all equipment touchpoints at the beginning and end of every service visit.
- We are utilizing curbside pickup for parts and rentals.
Thank you for placing your trust in Summit Handling. We appreciate your continued business and will do everything in our power to continue providing the excellent products and service you have come to expect from us. We appreciate your patience as we adapt our practices and procedures to navigate through this unprecedented pandemic and we wish you all good health.